Distance BSc IT Education in Mohali
Distance BSc IT Education in Mohali: Bachelor of Science in Information Technology(BSc IT) is a graduate program like BCA except for BSC IT involves the latest technologies in its syllabus while BCA concentrates on inventions in computer science. The professionals of BPO’s, call centers, and other ITES corporate are always suggested to grab a BSc IT Distance Education degree because it can be done together without leaving the job. The students who are doing jobs or some other part-time work may also join correspondence learning BSc IT is also offering BSc IT regular mode if a student can attend regular classes.
No best option might be for those who want a less valuable Information Technology degree other than correspondence Learning BSc IT.
What is BSc IT?
The BSC IT program revolves around the field of information technology, which is essentially about the storage, processing, securing, and management of information. Network, software development, and testing, information databases, and programming, etc. are some of the topics of study covered in the course. The course can be pursued on any full-time and part-time basis in India.
- BSc IT concentrates on the field of Information Technology and the different subjects that are related to it.
- The BSc IT students will get to know the different ways by which bulk information can be maintained, stored, and secured.
- Some of the important subjects that are covered in the course are Web Programming, Computer Fundamentals and Emerging Technology, Computer Organization and Architecture, Networking, and Internet Environment.
- The course is suggested on both full-time as well as part-time basis.
- BSc IT graduates will be able to implement several technical tasks related to the management of data and information.
Eligibility of Distance BSc IT Education in Mohali
In order to be eligible for the B.Sc. IT course, the following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled:
- The students must complete his/her 10+2 or similar exam from an approved board with 50% marks.
- He/She must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their main subjects in 10+2.
- You need to resemble a few of the entrance exams accompanied by different colleges and universities offering this course.
Want to Know about Distance BSc IT Education in Mohali and its available courses?
BSc is an IT (Bachelor of Science in Information Technology) course/course designed specifically for students who want to pursue a career in the world of information technology. However, most of the students and working persons B.Sc. IT distance learning programs because they wanted to be part of the regular B.Sc. Get better career opportunities in IT and IT companies. If you count yourself as one of them, then B.Sc. IT correspondence comes as one of the right options for you. By doing the job, and his B.Sc. After office timing, IT Distance Education, you managed to get the best of both worlds.
Originally, OnlineB.Sc. The IT course is a three-year undergraduate degree program that can be done after completing higher secondary education from any government-recognized board. So, to enroll in this bachelor’s degree program in Information Technology, a student must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects in his 10 + 2 education. Although some universities consider Mathematics subject only in their Distance B.Sc. IT program. If you join this online B.Sc. IT degree program, you will definitely get better opportunities in the future.
Why Study Distance BSc IT Education in Mohali?
The BSc IT course can give you a very bright future. Here are a few reasons why you should take up a BSc IT course:
- The students will have a deep understanding of ways of managing and acquiring huge amounts of data.
- They will get to know about subjects like software development, networking, databases, and programming.
- As the IT industries are growing quickly, you need not face a lot of trouble in obtaining a well-paid job.
- The average salary earned by an IT fresher is around 2-4 Lakhs per annum. Your income will rise with experience.
- A student can also opt for an academic career and teach at various academic institutes. He/She can also go for research activities.
- After completing this course you can also opt for government, well-paid, and reputed job positions.
Distance BSc IT Education in Mohali Syllabus
1ST SEMESTER SUBJECTS
Communication Skills– Important topics covered- Grammar, Communication skills, essay writing, letter writing, vocabulary, translation, and comprehension.
Foundation of Mathematics and Statistics– Important topics covered- Matrices, Linear systems of equation, Interpolation, Integration, Differential Equations, Chart and Curve, Linear Programming problem, Correlation and Regression, and Curve Fitting.
Problem Solving Methodologies and Programming in C– Important topics covered- pre-programming techniques, Introduction to C Language, Control Structures, Header files & Library functions, User-defined functions, Arrays, and Structures.
Foundation of Information Technology– Important topics covered- Concepts in Information and Processing, Introduction to Computers, Computer peripherals, Computer language and OS, Binary & Arithmetic Code and Internet Technology & World Wide Web.
2ND SEMESTER SUBJECTS
Advanced C and Data Structure– Important topics covered- Pointer, UDF, Searching and Sorting techniques, Data file handling, Data Structure, Stack, Queue, Linked List, and Tree.
SAD&SE– Important topics covered- Project selection, Requirement analysis, Structured analysis, Design of files, Software design, Software Engineering, Software Testing, and Software management.
DBMS– Important topics covered- DBMS Concepts, Introduction to FoxPro, Database file commands, File handling commands, Library functions, Set command, Input/Output Initializing, Looping Commands, Procedure-related commands, and Conditional & Branching commands.
Computer Organization and Architecture– Important topics covered- Digital Logic Circuits, Digital Component, Data representation, Central processing unit, Input-Output Organization.
3RD SEMESTER SUBJECTS
Operating System– Important topics covered- Processes, Deadlock, Memory Management, File System, and Input-Output.
Object-Oriented Programming with C++– Important topics covered- Principles of Object-Oriented Programming, Tokens, Expressions, Control Statements, Functions in C++, Classes, and Objects, Inheritance, Constructor and Destructor, Pointer, Virtual functions and Polymorphism, Console I/O operations, exception handling and working with files.
Programming with Visual Basic– Important topics covered- Visual Environment, Multiple forms, MDI, Procedure, Functions, Menus, Library Function, and Visual Basic Data tools.
4TH SEMESTER SUBJECTS
Application Development– PHP and MySQL.
RDBMS using Oracle– SQL, SQL Plus, Managing tables and data, Oracle DB objects, Data control, and Transaction control command, Oracle Database structure, and Backup & recovery.
Introduction to Java– Basics, Concepts of class, packages, Networking, Multithreading and Exception handling, Applets, Event handling, and Swing.
Computer Network Technology– Network layer, Network layer protocols, Transport layer, Application layer, Multimedia networking, and Wireless and Broadband Networks.
5TH SEMESTER SUBJECTS
Programming with C# and .NET languages– .NET Framework, Programming with C#, Working with GUI, OOP, and Database Programming with ADO.NET.
Advanced Java Programming– Distributed Computing using RMI, Database Programming using JDBC, J2EE Platform, and Servlet Programming.
Software Quality Assurance and Project Management– Concepts of Quality Assurance, Software Testing, Verification and Validation, Automated Testing, Project Economics, and Project Scheduling and Tracking.
6TH SEMESTER SUBJECTS
Programming with ASP.NET– Framework and Web Contents, Validation and State Management, ADO.NET and Database, XML, Web Application and Configuration.
SQL Server– Configuration of SQL Server, Roles of DBA, Fundamentals of Indexes, Backup Fundamentals, Fundamentals of Restore, Transaction and Locking Mechanism.
Network Management and Information Security– Information Security, Identification, Network Management, Network Security, and Authentication, Cryptography, and Internet Security.
Those were some very important subjects and topics that one will come across while pursuing B.Sc. IT program. Let us now focus on the eligibility criteria that one needs to satisfy to be considered eligible to pursue this course.
Distance BSc IT Education in Mohali Admission Process
Admission to BSC IT courses will depend on the marks secured by you in your 10 + 2 exams. Some colleges also consider students based on their performance in the entrance examination. Every college has its own process for admission. Admit cards are issued after the results of 10 + 2 examinations are declared. Details can be obtained from official websites for colleges/universities.
You can also apply for BSC IT colleges through the qualification. Some colleges offering these merit-based BSC IT invites applications for admission. You can apply in these colleges both online and offline methods of application. You have to submit your details in the form including personal details, educational qualifications, and more. After the final payment of the application fee, you will have to wait for the merit list issued by colleges and universities.
Some colleges and universities also conduct their qualification exams at the college level while some also have national level entrance examinations. After qualifying for the exam, candidates are called for counseling and group discussion rounds.
Important Tips for BSc IT Entrance Test
Preparation is of extreme importance if you wish to perform really well in an examination. So, let us see how you should prepare yourself for the BSc IT entrance tests:
- Knowing the syllabus is really important. You need to cover all the important portions of the syllabus. The syllabus can be downloaded from the official website of the university.
- You must have a pretty decent score in your 10+2 examination. Otherwise, you will not be able to fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- If your college conducts an entrance test, then you must perform well in the examination and acquire a good score. In that way, you will be able to clear the cut-off easily.
- Make a list of all the important dates related to admission. This includes the last date of submission of the application form, the date of payment of the application fee, entrance test date, etc. This will reduce your chances of missing an important deadline.
- Also, do detailed research regarding the placement scenario and the course curriculum of the institute you wish to be a part of. You must know about the quality of education offered by the institute before becoming a part of it.
Scope after Distance BSc IT Education in Mohali
- The future of an IT student is always quite bright. He/She may opt for an academic career and go on to pursue a post-graduation in this field.
- For a professional career, numerous openings are available. There are hundreds of private companies that are always in search of IT professionals.
- Some of the common areas of recruitment include IT companies, banks, etc. The candidates can also become a freelancer and work for various organizations on a part-time basis.
- Numerous jobs are available in the government sector as well. However, for that, you have to appear for various government examinations like UPSC. Government banks also provide employment to IT officials.
Career Scope After Pursuing Distance BSc IT Education in Mohali
By analyzing the current market strategy, every business wants to adopt technologies such as website development, web portals, database management, software development, and other technology solutions. Therefore, the need for skilled IT individuals arises. For those who are skilled and want to go with an online BSC. Degree, you can reserve you IT set according to your skillset and in-depth knowledge on specific domains.
After completing BBS. IT, you can start a walk-in-interview as well as participate in off-campus which is conducted by a specific IT company. Make sure you will not be offered a higher package at your first job, but you can ask for a higher package after a few months or years of experience with skills and expertise in different techniques.
BSc. IT course is the graduate level IT degree that can lead the students or working individuals in the various workspaces or employment areas which can be IT Industries, Telecommunication Industry, Research & Development Organizations, Aerospace, and Defense Services, etc.
Job Profiles After Completing Distance BSc IT Education in Mohali
Now let us unfold the job profiles that can be considered after completing the B.Sc. IT correspondence learning from any government approved university: